Saturday 21 March 2009

Time of Reflections and Turn-overs....



We all don't know what's the end of the flowing river or under the calm water..




I was just reflecting on my years and time here in Ukraine and the thought of leaving (that is, not using Ukraine as my base) makes me sad. Ukraine (Donetsk) is been my home and base for seven (7) years now. Got use to live here, love the family and friends that God has given me during the seven (7) years of working with the locals here.

The change of plans and everything that I will do here in Ukraine will take place this year, due to the new phase of my life, that, I believe part of God’s will in my life. I recently got engaged and that will change a lot in terms of my work, my base and life in general.

After telling the core leaders of the big news, I’ve been spending more of my time in doing visitations with the church people. Part of it, is because I was gone for awhile (5 mos) attending a Community Development training in the US (SIFAT) with a couple of Ukrainians with me. I am trying to get connected again with the people after being away.

The thought of me leaving Ukraine makes me sad. Sad that I will not get to see and talk with them everyday and not to do more than I wanted to, if I am in another country. There are still lots of things that I wanted to do here in Ukraine, but I know and I believe that there’s time for everything, as what the book of Ecclesiastes says in in the Bible.

This time maybe the time to change my role here in Ukraine (in regards to ministry/work). And I know God has other plans for me that needed me to be with a partner to accomplish whatever that is. I trust God completely with my life and whatever it is that He has for me, I will obey and trust Him that, it is the best for me.

Turn-over of works/ministries was done three years ago. I’ve been doing it slowly, as I believe and think that my part is to train leaders and established ministries and then let the trained leaders take over the works after. When I arrived here in Ukraine, I know for the fact that, I don’t know how long I will be here in Ukraine. My goal is to assist the pastor and leaders by training and helping establishing ministries. And for the last three years, the locals are the ones that’s been doing the works and I know and believe that they are capable of continuing what we started together.

Of course, there’s a mix emotion right now as I prepare myself and prepare to leave, but I also know that my involvement with the Ukraine ministry will not end here. It might not be like it was before but, I will still be involve by helping them in Summer Kids Camp by bringing a group of young people to help them in the camp and to organise people, churches that wants to get involve in this work or to help the church in general by doing leadership/discipleship trainings/seminars whenever in Ukraine.

I always believe that; healthy things grow, growing things change, change brings pain, and pain brings gain. Progress always brings change, and to gain something, it will cost something. I also read somewhere that "Change is the only things that doesn't change"...:)

Will keep you updated in the coming days of what’s happening and will definitely share with you the new adventures that I will have with God in the coming days.


Blessings!

No comments: