Thursday 14 August 2008

Don't stop doing good...



2 Thessalonians 3:13

"And I say to the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good."


I was reading this morning the book of 2 Thessalonians 3 and this verse spoke into my heart and reminded me about doing good.

We just had another successful Kids Camp. And once again, the children enjoyed it and was happy. And even before the last day of the camp, the children were already asking about the next year Kids Camp!:) The children were actually asking why the Kids Camp is only one week and not longer!:) I have to tell them that the workers/volunteers can't get longer off from their work, as all them are working, except the youth that are having their summer break from school/university. But one of the other reasons, is that we don't have enough funds for longer camp, even if we want to, unless God wants us to do it longer then I/we know that He will provide for it!:)

Which brings me to another amazing things that God did for this camp. He not only provided additional volunteers/workers but He also provided additional finances for the Kids Camp. We (the team) as we met every week before the camp, talked about how many people (the ones that used to volunteer) can't help during the camp as their summer holidays from work was either before or after the camp. Sergei (the pastor) was concerned about how we (15 volunteers) will handle 100 children during the camp!

First day of the Kids camp, there were more than 20 volunteers that showed up!:) And as the Kids camp progress there were 4 more people that showed up and helped in the camp, there were more than enough kids camp workers that helped during the kids camp. God knows what we need and how He will provide for that needs!:) The team worked well and I felt that this Kids Camp was easier to run than the last time. The whole program just run smoothly. And everyone knows what to do and what to expect everyday. They were ready and prepared. It was just amazingly great team work!:)

Another blessings that God provided for the Kids Camp is the football player that I've randomly met 2 weeks before the camp. He stumbled upon my website, sent me an email to encouraged me in what I do here in Donetsk and expressed his desire to help with my work. After sending me an email, he rang me on my mobile and told me the same thing that he wrote on his email.

He (Kingsley) is a professional football player. He just came to Donetsk a month ago from Cyprus where he used to play as well. He was offered a better pay to play in Ukraine, that's why he came and joined the Mettalurg Donetsk Football Team.

After expressing his desire to help me and my work, I said that he can help me by helping the upcoming Kids Camp. He readily agreed and we decided to meet up that evening and talk about it. I asked Sergei (the pastor) to join us in the meeting that evening, since he wants to get involve its just right to meet with the pastor as well. He contributed financially and agreed to come and play with the children during the camp.

The highlight of this year's Kids Camp was the time that the footballer spent playing with the children. Football is a big thing here in Ukraine. The children were so happy and enjoyed their time with him. They enjoyed the McDonalds treat that he brought to the camp for all the children and workers. Have their photos taken with him and even asked for his autograph!:) The children asked him to come next year's Kids camp.

What amazed me with all of these is the way how God met our needs in wanting to do good for others even if we don't have enough. Even before we know that we will be needing more funds and volunteers, God already working and preparing those needs and will send it in His right time. He is never late nor advance, He is always on time. We just have to learn to wait and trust in Him!:)

I believe, what matters the most is what's our heart's desire, and God sees and knows that. And He will make the way for us to be able express that desire to do good for others. He is looking for people that is willing to be a channel of His blessings and He will take care of the provision to make it happen.

I believe that what we've doing in this community (Mine 12/18) is making a positive impact in the lives of these young children and gives them hope for a better future. We just have to continue to do good for them. We saw positive changed in the lives of these young children since we started doing kids camp in that community 5 years ago and it will surely affect their family and peers.

No comments: